The Heron family originally came to Ireland from Kirkcudbright in South West Scotland in about 1650. They began to farm at Tullyveery in 1740 and built the present Georgian house, named after the local townland, between 1825 and 1828.
The house is two-storeyed with kitchen cellars below. A rear wing and “Model Farmyard” were added in Victorian times, between 1867 and 1890.
The grounds and gardens cover about five acres and contain a large variety of mature trees, flowering shrubs and perennial plants.
The property continues to be a working arable farm, stocked with a breeding flock of sheep and growing potatoes and grain in rotation.